HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Courses in Newcastle
This course covers a broad range of topics to enable participants to confidently manage emergency situations, providing care for the ill or injured until medical aid arrives. It is suitable for workplaces and members of the public who want training in first aid. It also provides the skills to recognise and then manage a casualty who is unconscious and is not breathing.
The HLTAID003 Provide First Aid qualification is valid for three years. It is recommended, by the Australian Resuscitation Council, that a HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) refresher program is undertaken every 12 months. Most workplaces require a specific number of people to be trained in this qualification.
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for:
- 1 day course
- Paramedic Trainer
- Nationally accredited
- Training customised to your workplace needs
- Includes use of Defibrillator
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
This course is about learning and practicing what to do should you need to deal with a First Aid incident. You will do this in a relaxed and fun environment that allows you to really understand what you are doing and why.
HLTAID003Provide First Aid includes:
- DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines
- Single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (on an adult resuscitation manikin
- CPR on an infant resuscitation manikin
- Responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- Managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- Follow the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Conducted a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty
- Post-incident debrief and evaluation
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding control
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Fractures, sprains and strains, using arm slings, roller bandages or other appropriate immobilisation techniques
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
On Successful Completion of the Course You will Receive:
- First Aid Manual
- A wallet card with name, qualification and CPR flow chart
- A Laminated certificate showing a Statement of Attainment in
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
Further information about this course including Elements and Performance Criteria can be found at www.training.gov.au.
A refresher course is available if you hold a current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certificate in this case there is no pre course theory to complete.
Pre Course learning
Our course is blended with a pre-course theory component which will be mailed out to you. This must be completed prior to attending the face to face component of the course.
Face to face training is approx. 8 hours and starts at 9am
What you will need to bring
Please bring some paper and a pen if you wish to take notes. You are welcome to bring your lunch or you can purchase it at the Club.
What should I wear?
Please wear clothes that will enable you to conduct CPR on the floor
Our Policies are located in student handbook on the Student resources page
There are both theory and practical assessment in this course to ensure that you have gained the required knowledge and ability to perform the skills in this unit.
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of an incident report
It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed for 2 minutes on the floor.