HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support (Previously HLTAID002)
This course is designed for businesses that need their staff trained in more than CPR but not a full first aid course. Contact us for details.
HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support Courses in Newcastle
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This applies to all workers who may be required to provide an emergency response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. CPR is a life saving technique which can sustain life until an ambulance arrives. It is recommended, by the Australian Resuscitation Council, that a CPR refresher program is undertaken every 12 months.
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for:
- 1 day course
- Paramedic Trainer
- Nationally accredited
- Training customised to your workplace needs
- Includes use of Defibrillator
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support Includes:
- DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines
- Single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult resuscitation manikin
- CPR on an infant resuscitation manikin
- Manage the unconscious breathing casualty
- Respond appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- Follow the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Allergic reaction
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Bleeding control
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Further subjects can be added
On Successful Completion of the Course You will Receive:
- First Aid Manual
- A PDF Statement of Attainment showing you have fulfilled the requirements of HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation,
HLTAID010 Provide Basic First Aid.
- Optional – laminated certificate and hard copy wallet card available as an add-on
Further information about this course including Elements and Performance Criteria can be found at www.training.gov.au.
A refresher course is available if you hold a current HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support certificate in this case there is no pre course theory to complete.
Pre Course learning
Our course is blended with an online pre-course theory component. Once you have registered for your course, a link will be emailed to you with access to the online pre-course theory. This must be completed prior to attending the face to face component of the course.
Face to face training is approx. 6 hours and starts at 9am
What you will need to bring
Please bring some paper and a pen if you wish to take notes. You are welcome to bring your lunch or you can purchase it at the Club.
What should I wear?
Please wear clothes that will enable you to conduct CPR on the floor
Our Policies are located in student handbook on the Student resources page
There are both theory and practical assessment in this course to ensure that you have gained the required knowledge and ability to perform the skills in this unit.
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of an incident report
It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed for 2 minutes on the floor.