HLTAID004 Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting (Child Care Course)
These courses are designed for Child Care workers and are fully accredited
HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting meets the requirements of the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training
The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
This unit of competency may contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
CPR is a life saving technique which can sustain life until an ambulance arrives. It is recommended, by the Australian Resuscitation Council, that a CPR refresher program is undertaken every 12 months
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for
- 1 day course
- Paramedic Trainer
- Nationally accredited
- Training customised to your workplace needs
- Includes use of Defibrillator
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
- This course is about learning and practicing what to do should you need to deal with a First Aid incident.
- You will do this in a relaxed and fun environment that allows you to really understand what you are doing and why.
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting includes
- DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines
- Single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult resuscitation manikin
- Single rescuer CPR on a child resuscitation manikin
- Single rescuer CPR on an infant resuscitation manikin
- Respond appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- Manage the unconscious breathing casualty
- Follow the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Conducted a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty
- Post-incident debrief and evaluation
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding control
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Envenomation, using pressure immobilisation
- Fractures, sprains and strains, using arm slings, roller bandages or other appropriate immobilisation principles techniques
- Head injuries
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures & convulsions, including febrile convulsions and epilepsy
- On successful completion of the course you will receiveFirst Aid Manual A Laminated certificate showing a Statement of Attainment in
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting