This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to use specialised equipment in the provision of resuscitation in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines. This unit applies to workers who may be required to use specialised equipment to provide resuscitation in a range of complex situations, include community and workplace settings. It is recommended, by the Australian Resuscitation Council, that a refresher program is undertaken every 12 months.
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for:
- Paramedic Trainer
- Nationally accredited
- Training customised to your workplace needs
- Includes use of Defibrillator
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation Includes:
DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines.
- Airway obstruction due to body position
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- Appropriate use of an AED
- Assessment and interpretation of vital signs (respirations, temperature and pulse)
- Benefits, contraindications and complications with the use of an oropharyngeal airway
- Chain of survival
- How to conduct a visual and verbal secondary survey assessment
- Standard precautions Managed the unconscious breathing casualty benefits, contraindications and complications of providing oxygen to a casualty and of providing suction during the application of advanced resuscitation techniques
- Complications with the use of a bag-valve-mask device and suitable strategies to minimise these
- Selection and operation of oxygen masks and other appropriate delivery devices
On Successful Completion of the Course You will Receive:
- First Aid Manual
- A PDF Statement of Attainment showing you have fulfilled the requirements of HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation,
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Optional – laminated certificate and hard copy wallet card available as an add-on
Further information about this course including Elements and Performance Criteria can be found at www.training.gov.au.
A refresher course is available if you hold a current HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation certificate in this case there is no pre course theory to complete.
Pre Course learning
Our course is blended with an online pre-course theory component. Once you have registered for your course, a link will be emailed to you with access to the online pre-course theory. This must be completed prior to attending the face to face component of the course.
Face to face training is approx. 7 hours and starts at 9am
What you will need to bring
Please bring some paper and a pen if you wish to take notes. You are welcome to bring your lunch or you can purchase it at the Club.
What should I wear?
Please wear clothes that will enable you to conduct CPR on the floor
Our Policies are located in student handbook on the Student resources page
There are both theory and practical assessment in this course to ensure that you have gained the required knowledge and ability to perform the skills in this unit.
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of an incident report
It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed for 2 minutes on the floor.