This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to use specialised equipment in the provision of resuscitation in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines. This unit applies to workers who may be required to use specialised equipment to provide resuscitation in a range of complex situations, include community and workplace settings. It is recommended, by the Australian Resuscitation Council, that a refresher program is undertaken every 12 months.
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for:
- Paramedic Trainer
- Nationally accredited
- Training customised to your workplace needs
- Includes use of Defibrillator
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation Includes:
DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines.
- Airway obstruction due to body position
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- Appropriate use of an AED
- Assessment and interpretation of vital signs (respirations, temperature and pulse)
- Benefits, contraindications and complications with the use of an oropharyngeal airway
- Chain of survival
- How to conduct a visual and verbal secondary survey assessment
- Standard precautions Managed the unconscious breathing casualty benefits, contraindications and complications of providing oxygen to a casualty and of providing suction during the application of advanced resuscitation techniques
- Complications with the use of a bag-valve-mask device and suitable strategies to minimise these
- Selection and operation of oxygen masks and other appropriate delivery devices
On Successful Completion of the Course You will Receive:
- First Aid Manual
- A Laminated certificate showing a Statement of Attainment in
HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
Further information about this course including Elements and Performance Criteria can be found at www.training.gov.au.