This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace. It applies to workers in nominated occupational first aid or management roles. Specific licensing requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for:
- Paramedic Trainer
- Nationally accredited
- Training customised to your workplace needs
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
HLTAID016 Manage First Aid Services and Resources Includes:
- State/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures
- Workplace requirements for first aid provision in line with the relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety requirements
- Duty of care in relation to first aid provision
- Safe work practices to deal with risks and potential hazards including manual handling, hazardous substances, dangerous goods and chemicals
- Infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions based on incident
- Requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- Legal, workplace or community issues relating to the provision of CPR including:
- Awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- Capabilities of emergency management services
- Privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Importance of debriefing.
On Successful Completion of the Course You will Receive:
- First Aid Manual
- A PDF Statement of Attainment showing you have fulfilled the requirements of HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources.
- Optional – laminated certificate and hard copy wallet card available as an add-on
Further information about this course including Elements and Performance Criteria can be found at www.training.gov.au.
A refresher course is available if you hold a current HLTAID016 Manage First Aid Services and Resources certificate in this case there is no pre course theory to complete.
Pre Course learning
Our course is blended with an online pre-course theory component. Once you have registered for your course, a link will be emailed to you with access to the online pre-course theory. This must be completed prior to attending the face to face component of the course.
Face to face training is approx. 8 hours and starts at 9am
What you will need to bring
Please bring some paper and a pen if you wish to take notes. You are welcome to bring your lunch or you can purchase it at the Club.
What should I wear?
Please wear clothes that would enable you to conduct CPR on the floor
Our Policies are located in student handbook on the Student resources page
There are both theory and practical assessment in this course to ensure that you have gained the required knowledge and ability to perform the skills in this unit.
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of an incident report