This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace. It applies to workers in nominated occupational first aid or management roles. Specific licensing requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for:
- Paramedic Trainer
- Nationally accredited
- Training customised to your workplace needs
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
HLTAID008 Manage First Aid Services and Resources Includes:
- State/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures
- Workplace requirements for first aid provision in line with the relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety requirements
- Duty of care in relation to first aid provision
- Safe work practices to deal with risks and potential hazards including manual handling, hazardous substances, dangerous goods and chemicals
- Infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions based on incident
- Requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- Legal, workplace or community issues relating to the provision of CPR including:
- Awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- Capabilities of emergency management services
- Privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Importance of debriefing.
On Successful Completion of the Course You will Receive:
- First Aid Manual
- A Laminated certificate showing a Statement of Attainment in
HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources.
Further information about this course including Elements and Performance Criteria can be found at www.training.gov.au.