Take Asthma Courses in Newcastle
When combined with 22300VIC Course in first aid management of anaphylaxis, cost is $50.00 per person. Discounts will apply for large group bookings. Contact us for details.
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for:
- Paramedic Trainer
- Nationally accredited
- Customised to your workplace needs
- Includes use of Defibrillator
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
22282VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace Includes:
- Composition and essential components of an Asthma Management Plan
- Relevant workplace policies/procedures for the management of an asthma emergency
- Guidelines of Asthma peak bodies
- Risk management and minimisation strategies contextualised to the specific workplace environment
- Environmental hazard identification and minimisation
- Requirements in some workplaces for Police Checks and/or Working with Children Checks
- State/Territory regulatory requirements for asthma management relevant to workplace contexts
- Signs and symptoms of asthma – mild/moderate, severe and life-threatening
- Potential consequences of an asthma episode
- Common allergic and non-allergic asthma triggers
- First aid principles and procedures for the emergency management of asthma; including individual Asthma Action Plans
- Common asthma medication and equipment
- Sources of medical assistance, such as: designated first aiders/first aid officers, general practitioners, ambulance
- Workplace’s debriefing policies/procedures
- State/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace requirements for refresher training to maintain currency of competence Required skills:
- Develop risk minimisation strategies for the emergency management of asthma in accordance with legislative, regulatory and workplace requirements
- Plan for contingencies
- Assess emergency situations
- Control the situation according to established first aid principles prior to management of the asthma episode
- Apply first aid skills in accordance with emergency response procedures and medical action plans
- Apply effective communication skills in dealing with the asthma casualty and sources of emergency assistance
- Convey the casualty’s details to emergency services
- Comply with the workplace’s incident recording requirements
- Respond appropriately to challenging situations recognising the psychological impacts of medical emergencies on individuals
- Follow workplace debriefing policies/procedures
- Contribute to the evaluation of responses to an incident in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate records
On Successful Completion of the Course You will Receive:
- First Aid Manual
- A Laminated certificate showing you have fulfilled the requirements of
22282VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks
Emergencies in the Workplace.
Further information about this course including Elements and Performance Criteria can be found at www.training.gov.au.
A refresher course is available if you hold a current 22282VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace certificate in this case there is no pre course theory to complete.
Pre Course learning
Our course is blended with a pre-course theory component which will be mailed out to you. This must be completed prior to attending the face to face component of the course.
Face to face training is approx. 2 hours and starts at 9am
What you will need to bring
Please bring some paper and a pen if you wish to take notes. You are welcome to bring your lunch or you can purchase it at the Club.
What should I wear?
Please wear comfortable clothes
Our Policies are located in student handbook on the Student resources page
There are both theory and practical assessment in this course to ensure that you have gained the required knowledge and ability to perform the skills in this unit.
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of an incident report