CPR Courses in Newcastle
This course provides the skills to recognise and then manage a casualty who is unconscious and is not breathing. CPR is a lifesaving technique which can sustain life until an ambulance arrives. It is recommended, by the Australian Resuscitation Council, that a CPR refresher program is undertaken every 12 months.
The HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course provides you with the practical skills to perform CPR according the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines.
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for:
- Paramedic Trainer
- Nationally accredited
- Training customised to your workplace needs
- Includes use of Defibrillator
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Includes:
- DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines
- Single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- Managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- Follow the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
On Successful Completion of the Course You will Receive:
- First Aid Manual
- A PDF Statement of Attainment showing you have fulfilled the requirements of HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Optional – laminated certificate and hard copy wallet card available as an add-on
Further information about this course including Elements and Performance Criteria can be found at www.training.gov.au.
A refresher course is available if you hold a current HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certificate in this case there is no pre course theory to complete.
Pre Course learning
Our course is blended with an online pre-course theory component. Once you have registered for your course, a link will be emailed to you with access to the online pre-course theory. This must be completed prior to attending the face to face component of the course.”
Face to face training is approx. 2 ½ hours and starts at 9am
What you will need to bring
Please bring some paper and a pen if you wish to take notes.
What should I wear?
Please wear clothes that will enable you to conduct CPR on the floor
Our Policies are located in student handbook on the Student resources page
There are both theory and practical assessment in this course to ensure that you have gained the required knowledge and ability to perform the skills in this unit.
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of an incident report
It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed for 2 minutes on the floor.