PUAEME005A – PROVIDE PAIN MANAGEMENT
The application of this unit in the workplace covers the administration of restricted pain relief such as analgesics and aspirin, according to a medically endorsed protocol. Contact us for details.
The application of this unit in the workplace covers the administration of restricted pain relief such as analgesics and aspirin, according to a medically endorsed protocol. The course is typically relevant for personnel from emergency services and/or volunteer organisations or organisations that provide a medically supervised first aid service.
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for:
- Paramedic Trainers
- Nationally accredited
- Training customised to your workplace needs
- Includes use of Defibrillator
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
PUAEME005A Provide Pain Management Includes:
- Communicate with casualty to provide comfort and instruction in use of analgesic drugs as required
- Complete written logs and documentation
- Request for an ambulance and/or medical assistance according to relevant circumstances and report casualty condition
- Use literacy and numeracy skills as required to read, interpret and apply guidelines and protocols
- Contraindications and precautions for the use of analgesic drugs
- Organisational permits for the use of restricted analgesic drugs
- Organisational protocols and standard operating procedures covering the storage and administration of restricted drugs
- Relevant legislation covering the storage and administration of restricted drugs
- Safety procedures for the operation of pressurised gases as relevant to available analgesics
- State/territory regulatory requirements for the currency of skills and knowledge
On Successful Completion of the Course You will Receive:
- First Aid Manual
- A Laminated certificate showing a Statement of Attainment in
PUAEME005A Provide Pain Management.
Further information about this course including Elements and Performance Criteria can be found at www.training.gov.au.