PUAEME005A – PROVIDE PAIN MANAGEMENT
The application of this unit in the workplace covers the administration of restricted pain relief such as analgesics and aspirin, according to a medically endorsed protocol. Contact us for details.
The application of this unit in the workplace covers the administration of restricted pain relief such as analgesics and aspirin, according to a medically endorsed protocol. The course is typically relevant for personnel from emergency services and/or volunteer organisations or organisations that provide a medically supervised first aid service.
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for:
- Paramedic Trainers
- Nationally accredited
- Training customised to your workplace needs
- Includes use of Defibrillator
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
PUAEME005A Provide Pain Management Includes:
- Communicate with casualty to provide comfort and instruction in use of analgesic drugs as required
- Complete written logs and documentation
- Request for an ambulance and/or medical assistance according to relevant circumstances and report casualty condition
- Use literacy and numeracy skills as required to read, interpret and apply guidelines and protocols
- Contraindications and precautions for the use of analgesic drugs
- Organisational permits for the use of restricted analgesic drugs
- Organisational protocols and standard operating procedures covering the storage and administration of restricted drugs
- Relevant legislation covering the storage and administration of restricted drugs
- Safety procedures for the operation of pressurised gases as relevant to available analgesics
- State/territory regulatory requirements for the currency of skills and knowledge
On Successful Completion of the Course You will Receive:
- First Aid Manual
- A Laminated certificate showing a Statement of Attainment in
PUAEME005A Provide Pain Management.
Further information about this course including Elements and Performance Criteria can be found at www.training.gov.au.
A refresher course is available if you hold a current PUAEME005A Provide Pain Management certificate
Face to face training is approx. 6 hours and starts at 9am
What you will need to bring
Please bring some paper and a pen if you wish to take notes. You are welcome to bring your lunch or you can purchase it at the Club.
What should I wear?
Please wear comfortable clothes
Our Policies are located in student handbook on the Student resources page
There are both theory and practical assessment in this course to ensure that you have gained the required knowledge and ability to perform the skills in this unit.
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of an incident report