This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. It applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Book with Business Wise First Aid Training for:
- Paramedic Trainer
- Nationally accredited
- Customised to your workplace needs
- Includes use of Defibrillator
- Very practical and hands on
- Fun, relaxed and interesting
HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid Includes:
DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines and First aid procedures for the following:
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Basic care of a wound
- Bleeding control
- Burns, including thermal, chemical, friction and electrical
- Cardiac conditions, including chest pain
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Emergency childbirth
- Environmental impact including hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat stroke
- Eye and ear injuries
- Febrile convulsions
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Levels of consciousness
- Needle stick injuries
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures, including epilepsy
- Skin injuries
- Soft tissue musculoskeletal, including injuries including sprains, strains, dislocations and fractures
- Substance misuse, including common drugs and alcohol, including illicit drugs
On Successful Completion of the Course You will Receive:
- First Aid Manual
- A wallet card with name, qualification and CPR flow chart
- A Laminated certificate showing a Statement of Attainment in HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
Further information about this course including Elements and Performance Criteria can be found at www.training.gov.au.
A refresher course is available if you hold a current HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid certificate in this case there is no pre course theory to complete.
Pre Course learning
Our course is blended with a pre-course theory component which will be mailed out to you. This must be completed prior to attending the face to face component of the course.
Face to face training is approx. 15 hours over 2 days and starts at 9am
What you will need to bring
Please bring some paper and a pen if you wish to take notes. You are welcome to bring your lunch or you can purchase it at the Club.
What should I wear?
Please wear clothes that will enable you to conduct CPR on the floor
Our Policies are located in student handbook on the Student resources page
There are both theory and practical assessment in this course to ensure that you have gained the required knowledge and ability to perform the skills in this unit.
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of an incident report
It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed for 2 minutes on the floor.